Ideas for Promoting Your Blog … Just a CoupleBy
The time will come when you’re rocking and rolling in writing great content, and naturally, feel the inclination to want more readers. Or just readers in general.
Before you even start thinking promotional thoughts though … you need to be writing good content on a regular basis. That means setting a posting schedule and concentrating on blogging your passion first and foremost and developing your authentic and distinct blogging voice.
But, assuming you’re doing this … here are some thoughts on promoting your blog and getting readers:
- Ask for reciprocal links — give and receive.
- Claim your blog – at Technorati
- Tag your posts — with the free tag generator
- Be linkable – Brian Clark already compiled the Ultimate Guide to “link baiting” here.
- Commenting on other’s blogs
- Read about Search Engine Optimization – here and in particular this one
- Include an Email signature – with your blog link address … and also use FeedBlitz’s Headline Animiator that can be included in your email signature
- Put Your URL on business cards – with link on it. I think you might be amazed at how many people log on to check out your site. Online Print House has full color cards, front and back, for super CHEAP.
- Slap a bumper sticker — on your car with Lulu.com.
Oh, and read these great posts by Darren and Brian about building a readership:
- Building Traffic to Build Your Fan Club
- 34 Tips to Find Readers
- 19 More Strategies to Find Readers
- Finding Readers A, B, C, D
If you enjoyed this post, Subscribe to Cory Miller’s Church Communications Pro email newsletter.